Why had the “Book Day” become the “Buying a Book Day”? Could this day be celebrated without this commercial side? Could we make it accessible to everyone to acquire a book during the International Book Day without money?
On one hand, it’s about understanding that we cannot buy everything and that there’s nothing wrong with it (that’s why there are some prices that aren’t “suitable for all pockets”: for example, there’s a book whose price is “Quit Smoking” and obviously if you don’t smoke you can’t pay it). But, it doesn’t matter. There are many other books available.
By the same token, the great majority of us need to learn to get rid of objects that we don’t use and that others might be willing to have, or simply, just learning to share things.
From this first boost, the project has kept on growing to the point of setting a deeper reflection:
THINGS ARE NOT FREE (to make them you need resources, knowledge, time and effort).
THINGS CAN BE BOUGHT WITHOUT MONEY (There is a non-monetary economic movement that some call “Invisible Capitalism”)
But anyway, we can always talk about ”altruism egoism”, as all the collaborators receive an enormous payment with the smiles and recognition of all those who buy without money.
We would also like it for brands and companies to begin selling cars, products, services and why not flats without money.
• Reach as many cities as possible.
• Getting books donated by their authors
• Open www.1010waystobuywithoutmoney.org to extend the project
• Generating a collective of collaborators connected through different social profiles
• Attract companies and organisations so they support the project.
Answering the question “do you consider this a way of selling, according to the Oxford Thesaurus Dictionary:
v.1. sell their house put up for sale, put on sale, dispose of, vend, auction off, trade, bartet.
2. traders selling fruit and vegetables trade in, deal in, be in the business of, traffic in, stock, carry, offer for sale, market, handle, peddle, hawk.
(Note: the word money is not mentioned in any of the sentences)